Thursday, June 10, 2010

You Make It Easier When life Gets Hard

So I have to admit that I have been bummed the last week or so. I just miss my husband so much it hurts...Will it ever get any easier? Cause it doesn't seem like it to me. Last night I saw him in my dreams...he held me in his arms and kissed me, and it all felt so real. For those fleeting moments my heart was filled with happiness and joy...but it didn't last long. When i woke up I realized it was all just a dream, and I was right back where I've been for the last 8 months...sad and all alone. :( This song is one of my favorites and its "Our song." We danced to it for our first dance at our wedding and every time I hear it, I can't help but smile. I didn't know it at the time but the words are so fitting for our situation :


"Do you hear me? I'm talking to you across the water, across the deep blue ocean, under the open sky, oh my, baby I'm tryin'


Boy I hear you in my dreams, I feel your whisper, across the sea, I keep you with me in my heart, you make it easier when life gets hard...


Lucky I'm in love with my best friend, lucky to have been where I have been, Lucky to be coming home again


They don't know how long it takes, waiting for a love like this, every time we say good bye I wish we had one more kiss, I'll wait for you I promise you, I will"


This song is my anthem and I will wait for you love. I miss you more each day and my heart aches for the day you are home safely and in my arms. I love you.






11 comments:

  1. Awwww girl. I'm sorry you're missing him so much. You know the old saying, "It never gets easier...you just get stronger!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all...you are absolutely gorgeous! Second of all, Ben is not deployed so I can't even imagine but I feel like the dags have been 2 million hours long and I get more sad everyday, I feel like I am never okay. Third, I signed that song in ASL class for my midterm! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a dream the my hubs came home in the middle of the night snd was calling out to me... it was so realy I got up, walked around the apartment looking for him, and even called him it seemed so real, until I got his voicemail and realized it wasn't :(

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies, I am trying to be strong..but it feels like I'm barely hanging on! :( and Jordan you are so sweet! :) This song is awesome and thats so cool you got to sign that song for asl..it really is an amazing song!

    Also one of my followers left me a comment and somehow it disappeared! lol I'm sorry I donno what happened but yes i do live in Redlands! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that song! and i have had some super real dreams about my husband being home - it always stinks to wake up and realize it's only a dream - definitely a huge letdown and not always a happy start to my day - makes me miss him that much more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, seems like we are in the same boat honey. You are my inspiration, i'm logging out for the night to write a poem! Yayyyyy

    www.musingsofanarmywife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gee thanks! :) I'm sure your hunny will love the poem! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. that was so sweet of them to help you! and i love this song!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know it was pretty funny...I was wondering how the heck they knew who I was until my hubby told me he showed them my pic! It was so random! lol and yes this song is amazing... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hang in there hun! I know it's tough right now and maybe that dream was a blessing! You got to feel him and have him kiss you (even though it wasn't reality) and maybe he was dreaming of that too. =)

    ReplyDelete