Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Movie Madness: What are you watching this week?

Two weeks ago I wrote a post about all the great movies I had been watching lately, and last week was no exception, I just didn't have time to actually write everything out. Therefor this post is a little late, but I figure better late than never right? ;)

Photobucket
 Since the last "Movie Madness" post I wrote was mainly about older movies (with the exception of "The Proposal") I figured this week I would write about some of the newer movies that I have been lucky enough to see, courtesy of the local "Video Fox" and "Redbox" in my neighborhood. So lets get started!

The first film I watched was supposedly "based on a true story" but I would use that term loosely. Now normally I wouldn't watch a movie like this cause they are just too freaky for my little self, but one of my besties made us watch it on Saturday during our "Besty Night". Thanks a lot "A," if I had trouble sleeping before this, well I'll just forget about sleeping ever again! The movie I'm talking about...? The Fourth Kind. 
This movie seriously had the three of us so freaked out! If you haven't heard of it before, its "based on a true story," again I donno how "true" that is, but I highly doubt it! Its about a psychologist in Nome, Alaska who is doing an insomnia study. A bunch of her patients with insomnia all told similar stories of not being able to sleep, and then seeing an owl outside their window. Then when they were asked what else they remembered they couldn't recall any other details, that is until the psychologist decided to put them under hypnosis and then all hell breaks loose! I won't reveal any other details because I don't wanna ruin it for you, but the thing about this movie that gave me chills was the use of actual footage from the real psychologist herself! They used video and audio recordings in the film that were actually part of the study and showed her really hypnotizing her patients. It was all a little too much for me, considering my own struggle with insomnia! Lol, but I am a woman of faith and I will simply say that I don't believe in this sort of thing. So anyway if you are feeling brave, then check out this film!

The next film I watched was on a completely different scale, and I personally thought it was pretty funny. Thats right, I'm talking about "Hot Tub Time Machine." Now let me just say that I LOVE JOHN CUSACK!!! I think he is soo handsome (yes even with his squinty eyes!) so I wanted to see this one regardless.

The rest of the cast is pretty hilarious as well, and the story centers around 4 friends who go on vacation, only to be sent back in time by their hot tub. It sounds pretty stupid, and in a lot of ways it was, but it was still funny. :)

The next film I watched was "When in Rome" with Kristin Bell and one of my new favorite leading men Josh Duhamel. Seriously this man is drop dead gorgeous! I think I might have even drooled a little bit during this movie, lol! It should be a crime for a man to be this handsome. ;)
But with all day dreaming aside, I Loved, Loved, Loved this movie!!! It was so cute, but also hilarious! Kristin Bell does a great job in this film and is always finding herself in embarrassing situations, but that doesn't stop Josh Duhamel's character from falling in love with her.The actors were great, and I loved the physical comedy throughout the movie. If you haven't seen it yet, this is a must see! Get your butt to the video store, or better yet just buy it! I mean look at him..come on! ;)
Well that's all for this week, but be sure to check out my post next week, as I'm sure to have seen some more great films by then! Have you watched anything interesting lately?? Do you have any suggestions of movies you think I might like?? If so leave me a comment, I would love to know what you're watching this week and I'm always looking for new and interesting films to add to my collection! :) Happy Tuesday everyone!



8 comments:

  1. I've been interested in seeing When in Rome, so will definitely have to check it out soon! And just so you know - I finally got around to watching When Harry Met Sally with some girlfriends last week! And we LOVED it! There were some great moments and quotes in that movie! Definitely a good oldie - thanks for telling me to get on that one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE When In Rome!! I saw that in theaters and i'm pretty sure everyone was looking at me ha. I was laughing so hard I was crying. The sign in the dark restaurant.. oh man ha Josh is yummy :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched A Beautiful Mind not too long ago and I am astounded of how amazing this movie is. I highly recommend it as a serious movie choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen The Fourth Kind. They say it is based on a true story, but it turns out the whole thing was made up. Totally fake. They did some research and found out the psychologist doesn't even exist either.

    I LOVED The Hot Tub Time Machine. I thought it was absolutely freakin hilarious!

    I haven't seen When In Rome, but I want to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh Josh D is sooooo handsome! It really should be a crime to be that gorgeous haha. I haven't seen any of these, but I have heard that Hot Tub Time Machine was hilarious and that When in Rome was cute so I will most definitely be stopping by the video store or Target sometime soon ;).
    As for me, I really haven't had time to watch any movies lately, but my sister made me watch The Crazies on Saturday night. I'm not a person for movies of this nature either and it definitely freaked me out!

    On a completely different side note, I'm so excited to see Eclipse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definitely have have to check out the Hot Tub Machine, my husband and I are always looking for funny movies to watch!

    I recently watched When in Rome myself, and thought it was really cute. And you're right, Josh D is totally hot! Have you seen Win A Date With Tad Hamilton? He's the leading guy in that movie also, and if you liked When In Rome, you'll love Win A Date!

    Jen @ www.fletcherswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ben's crazy butt rented the fourth kind and I wanted to hurt him! Not only that it was really late at night after he got off work and we had to go to bed after that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know the 4th Kind was fake...but still scared the crap out of me!

    And thanks for the feedback on the swap! I'm hoping to have an official swap post by the end of the week!

    ReplyDelete