Monday, June 7, 2010

Adventures in Oak Glen

My besty and I decided to head up to Oak Glen this Saturday for some delicious food at Apple Annie's. First of all let me just say that Oak Glen is amazing! Its so beautiful up there and I love all the trees and apple orchards. Its just the cutest little place and it always makes me feel like I'm not really in southern California, which I love♥! Here is the restaurant we ate at:
And no the employees don't dress up like this all the time but this was the only picture I could find of the front of the building (we forgot to take one of our own..lol!) But the waitresses do wear gun holsters around their waists which I think is hilarious! :) Anyway, I got an avocado burger with cheese and Oh my Lord was it delicious! It was proabably bigger than my head though, so naturally I could only eat half! ;)
The inside looks like a true country style house and I love it! It reminds me of my Grandparent's house in Tennessee, (except there are no deer heads hanging on the walls! and yes...my Grandpa hunts and does his own taxidermy...don't ask!! lol!). 
After satisfying our appetites the Besty and I headed over to the little Marketplace right next to Apple Annie's. They sell lots of handmade crafts, nick nacks, country style decorations, hand made jewelry, apple memorabilia, and they even have an Old West Photo studio! How sweet is that? :) Here we are sitting in front of a little wishing well in the center of the marketplace...isn't it cute? I love the little flowers next to the well...so pretty!♥
Here we are in front of one of the Little shops...its so quaint, I love it! :)
Once we had looked around a bit we decided it was time to hit the road and go see "Killers" which I won't even mention cause you all know how I feel about Ashton Kutcher! ;) Smokin' Hot Fox....I'll leave it at that!!
After enjoying a day under the trees and a hilarious movie with the besty, it was time for some refreshment! thats right...I'm talking about Passion Tea Lemonade (extra sweetener please!) and my day was complete! :)
If you're in the area and have time, stop by oak Glen sometime...its very family friendly and they even have a petting zoo for the kiddos! And if you haven't seen "Killers" yet go see it..Now!!!! I'm serious people...Ashton is just too good to miss in this film! ;) All in all it was a very lovely Saturday! I'm sure going to miss things like this when I move next month....sighhhhh. Well thats all for now, so thanks for reading and much love♥!



10 comments:

  1. new follower and new to San Diego... the hubs and I will definitely have to plan a trip up there1 It sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun day! I love your dress and how cute you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! You're all so sweet! :) It really was a BEAUTIFUL day up there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a fun-filled day! That place is right up my alley! From your pictures it looks alot like the town I blogged about (Medora). If I can ever talk the hubster into going to California we'll definitely have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE your dress! ive been looking everywhere for one just like it! haha. oh, and passion fruit tea lemonade is my FAVORITE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with everyone, your dress is so cute! Looks like you had a great day with the besty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower! =) Love your blog. Looks like you girls had a great time! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Ladies, you're all the sweetest followers ever! And the dress is one of mine and my hubby's favorites! 1)Cause its Navy Blue and 2)cause its striped! Both of which I love...plus its super comfy! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww it looks like you had a wonderful time out there! It definitely looks like a great place to visit! Glad you got to spend some time with the bestie! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i know girl! i cant wait until my hubby is home either!! stay strong! :D

    ReplyDelete