Sunday, June 13, 2010

Busy Weekend...now time to relax! :)

So Friday I got in this weird "cleaning mood" and I cleaned literally all night! Lol...I was up until 2 am going through a bunch of my hubby's stuff and cleaning messes he left behind when he left for his deployment months ago...(I know, I'm a procrastinator for waiting until now) but I guess it's starting to hit me that I am moving in 5 weeks! Eeeeekkk! Thats so soon, and don't get me wrong I am super duper excited but I am also majorly stressing about doing it while the hubby is deployed. He gave me the website to go to for scheduling our moving day, but for some reason (or just my usual luck) the website was being poopy and not working. I made an account and everything but then when I tried to move on and get the move set up it wouldn't work and I couldn't figure it out. This is our first pcs move and I have had to take care of everything while my hubby has been away and now my last concern is getting the moving day scheduled, and its not going according to plan. Also there were literally no instructions on what to do next and the site was not helpful at all. Since I live an hour and a half from the closest base (Camp Pendelton) I really don't wanna have to drive all the way down there and ask someone for help! :( My friend told me about a site called Smart Web Move which basically does the same thing as the DPS site so I went ahead and filled out the application on that site instead. I hope it works and that I hear back from them soon cause I know we have to schedule the movers at least three weeks in advance or we will be screwed and not be able to get our stuff moved for us! Since that will be impossible cause we have two cars to drive cross country I am praying this all works out and I hear back from Smart Web Move by this week. Say a prayer for me, will you? 

Anyway Saturday I was completely exhausted and had to get up early and drive my in-laws to the airport (they're going to their nieces wedding this weekend) and I'm so thankful I didn't have to drive to LAX! :) After that little adventure I went and picked up my youngest sis Kayla and her daughter Keira. They are staying the weekend with me, and it has been so nice having the company! Yesterday we had a Law & Order Marathon and made penne pasta in a vodka sauce for dinner...it was DELICIOUS! Not to mention I love when my lil' Love Bug is here...she's just the cutest thing isn't she? :) (Keira is on the right, and my other niece Bailey is on the left). All in all it started out as a busy weekend and now we're just relaxing here and enjoying our time together. I'm really trying to soak up as much time with friends and family as I can before I move 2,700 miles away from my home town. I know I will miss everyone dearly but I also know this is the beginning of a new chapter in my life, and I am so happy that soon enough I will be reunited with the love of my life! Happy Sunday everyone, and I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Thanks for reading and much love♥!



7 comments:

  1. What a nice weekend! Glad you got some family time and so much stuff done! Woo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your nieces are beautiful!! awe, and i hope that website starts working for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry things are so stressful with your pcs... I hope you get everything worked out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! :) I'm gonna try again on Tuesday...sigh! lol...wish me luck!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in Pendleton. Email me and let me know where you are and I can put you thru whatever you need to. If you're in the SD area there are closer bases to help you out. But email me and I can help you for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm saying a prayer that it all works out for you, girl! :) glad you had a good weekend with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PCSing is definitely stressful from what I've heard but I'm sure you will do great! I know what you mean by those cleaning spells, I get those quite frequently. But once everything is clean, it looks 10x better and you feel so good afterward! And I love the picture of your nieces, so precious! =)

    ReplyDelete