Friday, June 11, 2010

Flashback Friday

Since its Flashback Friday I thought I would share this with you all. This photo is very dear to me because it was the last photo my husband and I took the day before he left for boot camp. This was the last day he was my husband and not U.S. Government Property!!! Lol and now 8 months and counting we are still apart...if I had known we were gonna be separated for that long, I would have held him a little tighter and probably had a nervous breakdown...So I guess with all things considering it was better to not know. In my little naive head I was telling myself I would see him again in 2 months and then after another 2 months he would be done with a-school and we would be moving to our new duty station. Ohhh how wrong was I? I never dreamed he would get deployed right after a-school graduation and we would be apart nearly our entire first year of marriage. This deployment was a slap in my face and a wake up call to reality...THIS IS OUR LIFE NOW....and I have to accept it and deal with it as best I know how. I wish I could say I was mastering this deployment but that would be a lie. The truth is I'm barely surviving anymore. Hope you're all having a better Friday than me and thanks for reading. Sorry I've been such a downer lately, I guess I just have a bad case of the deployment blues. Much love♥



7 comments:

  1. awe! stay strong doll!! about how much longer do you have?? is he on a ship?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I cant say exactly how long due to opsec but its coming up pretty soon...not like really soon, but soon enough. lol, i think im just going crazy cause the last few months are so hard cause i'm anxious...I know we've made it past the hard part but it still feels so far away. And yes my hubby is on a ship and i've just been bummed cause we hardly have any communication. He is so busy with work and only gets like 1 day off a week so he barely has time to email or call. I know I'm just being a big old baby, and I'm really really gonna try harder to not be so down all the time, but its not been easy. Plus I'm moving to Virginia before he comes home so I'm stressing about doing the move all by myself and being alone for awhile before he comes home. Sighhh...lol. sorry this comment turned into a novel! lol but thanks for the support! It means a lot to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no, i definitely don't expect you to divulge any exact dates or anything. haha! and i'm glad you get to seem him pretty soon. im so sorry you have to do it all by yourself! especially your first time! that's what im most worried about. and i dont think your a baby at all! haha! it's really hard to be away from your honey, continue to stay strong girl! and im here if you ever want to vent!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, girl I'm sorry you're feeling bad but I think you're doing great! You've taken care of so much on your own and look how many new blog friends you've made? :)

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: you two are a cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like your new header!! i'm sorry you've been having a hard time - i know it can feel rough a lot of times. if it helps - i KNOW you can do it, even if you don't feel like you can. we can be strong for our men (maybe not totally on our own two feet....) and SOON your dear man will be home! if it helps any, i'll be praying for you, i hope things get a little less depressing soon. go, brittney, go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and thanks so much for your sweet comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you ladies! I'm sorry for being a downer and your sweet comments make me feel so much better! I promise I'm gonna be more positive from here on out! :) And thank you for the prayers! I'm just gonna tell myself everyday "I can do this!" and I'm gonna start kickin' some deployment booty!

    ReplyDelete