Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Deployment Recap Week 1

Today will mark one week since my hubby left for his deployment and so far time seems to be dragging. Although the days aren't passing as quickly as I'd hope I'm actually coping considerably well. I don't know if its just because I've been through it before and know more of what to expect, or if it really just hasn't sunk in yet.

 I've been busy unpacking my new apartment and so far I am in LOVVEEEEE with our new place! :) Everything inside is brand new and my kitchen is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! So that has helped keep me busy and my mind occupied. It's a lot smaller than our old place but since it's just me, I think its perfect and very cozy. I know it will be even better once my hubby comes home and can enjoy it with me. I'm dying get a patio set for our deck so I can sit outside on summer nights and drink tea while I watch the sun go down.♥

 I'm still in the process of decorating our bedroom and getting the last few things unpacked but overall its beginning to really feel like our home. I'm also extremely excited about how much money we are gonna be saving on rent! :) 

Yesterday was my first day back to work and I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do considering my job situation.  My managers have been talking to me about promotions but I'm just not sure if its where I want to be. I guess I just need to pray about it and really consider all the factors that are important to me like work hours, location, holidays off (or not) and vacation time. I'm still gonna update my resume and continue looking for something else but until I really decide what I wanna do I'm just gonna try my hardest to get into school. Coming up with the cash for classes is gonna be hard since we just moved and that was really expensive, but I'm hoping to work something out so I can start classes in May. 

So thats my first week of deployment and I only have about a million more to go! ;) I still haven't been lucky enough to get a phone call yet, so I'm anxiously waiting for my phone to ring and to hear the sound of my hubby's voice. I hope the rest of this deployment starts to speed along and I can keep myself busy and entertained while my hubby is away at sea. I hope everyone is having a great week so far and that all my bloggy loves who are enduring deployments right now are getting through it with a smile! :)  Happy Tuesday loves! ♥




Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I would love to see pics of your new home!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new place&one week down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hugs to you! i hated my first week, so way to stay positive..you're doing great :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you looked into MyCAA? It is a program that helps military spouses get funding to go to school for associates and certificates. I looked into it before I went back to school, but it turned out that I didn't need it. It is worth checking out though! Glad you love your new place! I think one of the first things I am going to do when I get back to Va is buy a patio set for our back yard! :)

    ReplyDelete