Wednesday, April 13, 2011

All Dressed Up: Out On the Boardwalk

It's Wednesday and that means its time to link up over at Lady's blog and show off your outfits! Today I was lucky enough to have the day off, and I got to spend the day with a good friend of ours from back home. Jimmy and Isaiah went to school together since they were three years old, and they both just happened to get stationed here in Virginia Beach...it's so nice having someone to hang out with that you know from home and that misses all the same things you do! :) I also figured it was an occassion to wear my new dress I got on Monday with Sarah. I am in looooovveee with this dress! Its so comfy and casual but can be dressed up a little more with the right accessories.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
  We decided to live on the edge a bit and try some Greek cuisine...we ended up at this little ocean front restaurant called Ammos. This was my first time getting Greek food, and I failed epically and forgot to take a picture...dang it! 
Photobucket
 Although I forgot to capture how yummy our food was, I can definitely say it was delicious. We got to sit outside on the terrace and had a fantastic view of the ocean from our table. We ordered some fried zucchini with a Greek dipping sauce, and it was interesting. I loved the zucchini of course but the sauce I wasn't crazy about, a little too much garlic for my taste. Anyway for the main meal I got a grilled chicken pita with romain lettuce, roma tomatoes and some kind of cucumber sauce. It was delicious!After we ate we decided to walk along the boardwalk and grab a starbucks. Here's a view of the beach today...
Photobucket
;And here is a snap shot of me enjoying the windy day on the boardwalk. It was a little cooler than I'd hoped, but nothing was stopping me from wearing my new dress!
Photobucket
I was also dying to jazz it up a bit with these light turquoise and orange bracelets.
Photobucket
And of course you can't forget the shoes...I adore these bright multicolored sandals I Got from Target 2 summers ago. I call them my "Mexico Sandals" because thats what they remind me of. They are one of my absolute favorite pairs of sandals and I will wear them until they have holes and are falling apart! ;)
Photobucket
All in all we had a great day, and I got to enjoy a beautiful view of the ocean and play dress up...Now that's my kind of day. ♥ This next photos a little blurry, but I still thought I'd share it with you. I think it has a little mysterious quality to it. Also please forgive the huge size of all my photos...I edited them to be smaller, but for some weird reason they are still appearing ginormous!
Photobucket
Here's a shot of my necklace, up close and personal. I love the little white elephant on it...too cute!♥
Photobucket
 Well that's all I have for today my darlings, but we will meet again next week for "All Dressed Up." I hope everyone had a wonderful Wednesday!♥
Photobucket
Dress: Forever 21, Shoes: Target, Necklace: Styles For Less, Earrings: Charlotte Russe, Bracelets: Forever 21



Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Super cute! I cannot wait until the weather stops being bi-polar here and I can wear my dresses!
    I love the necklace and the "mexico" sandals as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love the outfit!! very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked BEAUTIFUL! I love that necklace and red is just always a sexy color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I am obsessed with your adorable sandals!

    ReplyDelete