Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Birthday Margaritas And My Easter Sunday!

Since my birthday fell on Easter Sunday this year, I decided to "officially" celebrate it on Saturday. My love Sarah and I decided we NEEDED some birthday margaritas from Texas Roadhouse....and don't forget the fried pickles!!!! Mmmmmm...we went all out and it was so much fun hanging out with Sarah and her hubby. 
This was actually my first time drinking a frozen margarita...can you believe that? I think it was a good thing considering how much I liked it...I'll probably be drinking them all the time now! ;) After we finished stuffing our faces like our food was going to disappear, we headed to the Mall and did a little retail therapy. ♥ I happened to find another gorgeous dress for 50% off at Aeropostale and they give a military discount so I got an extra 10% off. Score!!!! My mom would be so proud, she's the one who taught me how to bargain hunt. :) 

I think we dragged poor Joshua all over the entire mall, so he was beginning to act a little loopy. We were busy trying to pick out some sunnies at pacsun when he tried these on and I HAD to take his picture! Lol! 
 He's pretty fabulous right? Gotta love the toothpick in his mouth and the popped collar. So classy! ;) lol!

We also hit up Hot topic where I found this adorable little cupcake lip gloss. Its coconut flavored and I absolutely love it! ♥ 
 Sometimes it's the little things in life that make a girl happy. :) I also found this amazing turquoise nail polish by black poppy while we were on our search for sunnies.
For some reason I didn't end up getting any, but we were having so much fun trying on all the different ones. I really liked these ones! :)
Look at us! That is double trouble for sure, and we even got asked if we were sisters which we both thought was funny. ;)
After roaming the entire mall for sales and just being silly, we decided it was time for the movie. We got some popcorn and went to see "Water For Elephants." 
 This movie was spectacular. I loved every minute of it. The story takes place in 1931, so I loved the vintage feel and look of the film...the costumes, hair and makeup were amazing! Reese Witherspoon looked even more gorgeous than usual and Robert Pattinson was looking pretty hunky as well. ;)
Although I didn't hear from my hubby that day, (stupid comms!) he did manage to send me flowers, a beanie baby and a sweet card. I also got my very own Coach bag! ♥ This is my first Coach purse and I am in LOVE with it! :)

I'll admit I was still bummed about not being able to see or talk to my husband this weekend, which I've already complained enough about...but I did get to talk to him today for a few minutes, which made me really happy. I know I need to try harder to be understanding about him being gone and not having control over certain things...and I know he does love me and want to be with me, otherwise he wouldn't have done all this for my bday. I guess it's easy to assume the worst when you can't talk at all and I think I was just going a little crazy, but I'm trying to be better and not get upset so easily. 

Anyway, overall Saturday was a GREAT day and I just wanted to say thank you to Sarah and Josh for making me feel loved and special!♥
Sunday was Easter and my actual birthday, so I headed to my other good friends Megan and Brian's house. Megan is Italian and is the best cook ever...we had stuffed mushrooms, ham, mashed potatoes, rolls, and a ton of other stuff. I always look forward to eating her cooking. :) They were sweet enough to get me a birthday cake and a cute card, which was nice. I can't remember the last time I had an actual birthday cake. 
I got to wear my Easter Dress which I picked out especially for that day. I love it!♥
 Overall it was a fabulous weekend and I really felt like my friends tried very hard to cheer me up and make sure I had a good time. I am so blessed to have made such sweet friends. ♥ I was bummed and missing my husband but I still managed to make myself get out of bed and try to put a smile on my face. Each day I'm hoping it'll get a little easier and I'm so thankful for the blessings I do have in my life. I hope you all had a Great Easter and were able to spend it with family and friends!





Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. You look fabulous and it seems you had a fabulous time!! Yay for good friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fabulous weekend! Margaritas are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Coach bags!!! I love it! Also I am jealous of the Texas Roadhouse and margaritas. I want some now! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies, it was a really good day! :) And i am in love with frozen margaritas..I'm definitely going back for more!

    ReplyDelete