Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's been a good day!

 This week marked the one month deployment mark, and although it started off slow, now time seems to be speeding on. I finally feel like I am gaining my confidence over this deployment. I am in a place now where I know we can do this together! :)

As you may know a few days ago my husband and I were having some "communication" issues and I was pretty upset. Although I may not have expressed my feelings in the nicest way, I finally feel like my husband understands why it's so important for us to be able to talk to each other, and really make each other a priority in our lives during this deployment. 

I am so happy to say he has been trying much, much harder. It's the little things like emailing me throughout the day or calling me before I go to work that help me get through the days without him. It makes me feel closer to him somehow, like he's really not that far away after all.

I got a phone call a little after 5 am this morning and we got to talk for a whole entire hour! It was pure bliss, and once I got off the phone I drifted back to sleep with a smile on my face.♥ 

I was a little tired today, but it made my whole day better just being able to talk to my husband and laugh and joke with him. I love hearing how he's doing and just being "us." 

After work I went and ran some errands and bought a bunch of goodies for my hubby's next care package. I'm so excited, I can't wait to send it out to him! ♥ I will post pics once its all together, and this time I got him more than just food and snacks. Hopefully he'll love everything I picked out. I just want to make him smile and give him something to look forward to while he is out there working so hard to support us and serve his country. I love you baby! ♥
Hope everyone is having a great week so far and to all my East Coasters out there be careful in this crazy weather. Those tornadoes are some serious business! Happy Thursday everyone! The weekend is in sight! :o)



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment