Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What's My Song? You Got Me

Its almost Thursday my loves and since I have work all day tomorrow and no longer trust "scheduling" posts, that means it's time to share with you the song that has been bouncing around my head this week...For those of you who've been following my blog for awhile you probably already know about my obsession with Colbie Calliat. 
 I've loved her ever since her cd "Coco" came out a few years back, and my husband and I just so happened to have our first dance to her song, "Lucky." Her voice is silky smooth, and all the melodies in her songs make me want to smile from ear to ear. In short, I think she's AMAZING! ♥ 

So this week I chose a song that I used to listen to alot last year when my husband was deployed. Since he recently deployed again, it's been stuck in my head. They played it in the movie "Leap Year" with Amy Adams, whom I also adore. ♥ I happen to love that movie as well, and if you haven't seen it you're missing out. 
Anyway loves, I'm getting off track...but here is my song for this week. I hope it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside like it does for me. ;) It just makes me want to smile!!!♥ Don't forget to head over to "Goodnight Moon" and link up.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

You're stuck on me and my laughing eyes
I can't pretend though I try to hide - I like you
I like you.

I think I felt my heart skip a beat
I'm standing here and I can hardly breathe - you got me
You got me.

The way you take my hand is just so sweet
And that crooked smile of yours it knocks me off my feet

[Chorus:]
Oh, I just can't get enough
How much do I need to fill me up.
It feels so good it must be love
It's everything that I've been dreaming of.
I give up. I give in. I let go. Let's begin.
Cause no matter what I do,
Oh (oh) my heart is filled with you.

I can't imagine what it'd be like
Living each day in this life - without you.
Without you.
One look from you I know you understand
This mess we're in you know is just so out of hand.

[Chorus]

I hope we always feel this way (I know we will)
And in my heart I know that you will always stay

Oh, I just can't get enough
How much do I need to fill me up.
It feels so good it must be love
I give up. I give in. I let go. Let's begin.
Cause no matter what I do,

[Chorus]

Oh (oh)
You got me. You got me.
Oh (oh)
You got me. You got me.




Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Oooh I almost posted Colbie Caillat. I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your song girl !!
    and I'm also a new follower. Love your blog and can't wait to learn more about you.

    I'm from http://girlandhermarine.blogspot.com/

    Semper Fi, Amber joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this song, and I LOVE LOVE LOVED that movie! My friends all said it sucked, so I went into it with low expectations...and was very pleasantly surprised.

    My friends don't give me movie reviews any more. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the movie Leap Year, I watch it everytime it's on HBO. It's so romantic, predictable, but totally romantic and I adore it!!!!!

    Great song link up this week! Thanks girlie!!!!

    Hope you had a good day at work today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, Love <3 Amy Adams & Colbie Calliat- this is a great song!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Brittney for your wonderful encouragement ! It really gave me joy. I am sorry to hear about your man having to go I sure know that feeling. I am confident God will give you the strength to go about everyday life. I have to remind myself of that daily.
    God bless you girl.
    Semper Fi, Amber joy

    ReplyDelete