Friday, February 11, 2011

Hello February!


I am getting back into the swing of things and trying to be more dedicated to writing my blog, because simply put...I Love It!! Blogging makes me happy and I am so excited to continue sharing my journey through this crazy, sad, sometimes happy and always hilarious life I live. Right now I couldn't be more excited about Valentine's Day especially because my husband wasn't supposed to be home and now he will be! This will be one of the only Holidays this year that we will be able to spend together because of his work ups and the upcoming deployment, so I am going to take full advantage! ♥

I already bought him a card and a mini massager with heat and cooling capabilities for his sore muscles. I still need to think of something else that he will love but unfortunately he is pretty difficult to shop for seeing as he only wants car parts, lol. Typical Man...Do you ladies have any ideas? What goodies are topping your gift lists this year?

I also have more exciting news to share...I had my heart set on going home for my husband's deployment but I have decided to stay here in Virginia and stick it out by myself. It will be soooo much easier than moving all our stuff in storage and driving that horrific 2700 mile drive all over again. Not to mention my youngest sister and niece recently moved back in with my mom and now there won't exactly be enough room for us all to live there. I was disappointed to say the least but I really think this is the best thing for everyone. I know my family misses me and wants me to come home, and I feel the same way but its just too complicated to deal with and I would also risk losing my job if I couldn't find a branch where my mom lives that I could transfer to.

So after a lot of praying, contemplating and a few tears I have decided to stay here. As terrified as I am to be here alone for 8 months I know as a military wife it is something I have to face and come to terms with eventually. When thinking about my situation this quote comes to mind..."You gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, “I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.” You must do the thing you think you cannot do." -Eleanor Roosevelt

With the always inspiring Eleanor in mind I am trudging forward and looking fear in the face. This deployment is coming up all too fast and its high time I stopped hiding from the reality and began embracing the journey. I hope y'all will stick around to see me through it. Lord knows I'll need the support. ♥



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Love the quote! I had that quote plus a few others on my bloggy blog the other day! Isn't Eleanor Roosevelt such an inspiration?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great news!!! I kind of figured you weren't going back to Cali since you guys just got that apt.
    Now we get to spend the summer at the beach together!
    Well... the weekends anyways. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. left something for you on my blog. hope you come check it out

    http://asecretsquirrelsotherhalf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete