Monday, May 9, 2011

Beauty Watch: O.P.I.

Lately I've been obsessed with nail polish...even more so than usual. I think it has something to do with summer that just makes you want to have pretty painted fingers and toes. ♥ 

Sunday Sarah and I got up and left the house looking like bums in an attempt to make it to Ulta right at 11 am and get some silver shatter nail polish by O.P.I. If you haven't seen this stuff it is amazing!
You simply paint your nails with whatever color you desire and let them dry. Then paint one coat of the silver shatter over the base coat and your nails will have a "shattered," look to them. (Hence the name!) I hadn't heard of this until Sarah showed me and once I saw how good it looked I was dying to get some! I thought the lady was crazy when she told us to be here right at 11 am to make sure we could get the shatter.

Boy was she right. We got there 5 minutes before 11 and there was already about 4 people waiting for them to open...they were all waiting to get this nail polish! I couldn't really believe it, but as 11 o'clock got closer more and more people showed up. It made me laugh how badly everyone wanted this nail polish! ;)
They also released the new "Pirates of the Caribbean" Collection from O.P.I. There is a color called "Mermaids Tears" that I am absolutely in LOVE with!!!
It looks so pretty on, and with the shatter on top I just love it! ♥
I can never get over how many gorgeous colors O.P.I. has! I'm excited to try out the rest of my "Pirates" Collection, and see how they look with the shatter. 
 ♥
What beauty products are you loving right now?




Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. i LOVE the idea of a 'shattering' nail varnish! its so cool!!
    what store is it in? (i may try and see if i can get orders shipped across the pond!! :)

    i dont know if youve heard of Benefit Cosmetics, but they do a face primer called 'Dr.FeelGood', its amazing! :)

    and also, SexyMotherPucker Lip Gloss - amazing!! :)

    *new-ish follower here!*
    follow back?
    http://kirstiejayy.blogspot.com

    Happy Monday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Summer makes me obsessed with nail polish too. I have been wanting to try the shatter but was afraid that it would only look good with the REALLY bright colors. You've clearly changed my mind with your picture! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! I saw the mermaid tears online the other day! I'm glad I finally got to see it on someone's nails, and I absolutely LOVE it with the shatterrrrr!!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohhh! That nail polish collection is hot! I have been out of the beauty product loop so I must check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a magazine ad for this and fell in love with it. I don't think I'm going to seek it out but if I were ever somewhere fancy where they were selling O.P.I, I think I would have to buy the whole collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so many people talk about this shatter polish. I might have to make my way across town and see if the Ulta here has any in stock. ;-) I am also obsessed with nail polish. Any time of the year, but especially during flip flop season!

    Any of the Lush products are my go to. If you like vegan/natural things check them out online. They sell bar shampoo, face wash... they have so many great things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a cool nail polish! I haven't heard of it before, but like you, I'm always on the hunt for new colors. I will definitely have to see if Wal-Mart is carrying this color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should get China Glaze nail polish, it's really good, like O.P.I & lasts forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You ladies should definitely try the shatter! I have the black and silver! I also got the pirates collection when Brittney and I went to Ulta, and the colors are really pretty with the shatter even though they are so light. (:

    ReplyDelete