Tuesday, September 10, 2013

8 months

I don't know how it happened, but somehow this day came out of nowhere. Today you are 8 months. 

As I sit here typing this out & looking back on our time together I am amazed at how quickly you have grown up. It seems like only days ago I held you for the first time, and was amazed at how much love I felt for you. I feel like I'm going to blink and we'll be sitting here celebrating your first birthday.

These last eight months have been beautiful, trying, lovely, stressful, joyous, challenging and in a word a gift.


Motherhood has changed me in ways I never could have imagined. 


{This face! ^^ How could I not love you?}

Even though there are days when I am exhausted & I feel like a complete failure at this motherhood thing, I am trying my hardest to cherish each day. To snuggle with you while I still can, to kiss you a million and one times, to breathe in the sweet smell of your baby shampooed hair and to hold your hand and catch you when you fall.

I know there will come a day when you no longer need me as much, & although I love seeing you grow up there's just something about it that's so very bittersweet. I am so lucky to be your mama....I love you sweet boy. ♥
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment