Sunday, September 8, 2013

House Hunting

We finally returned home from a week spent on the road and I couldn't be happier to sleep in my own bed again. I love a good road trip every now and then, but traveling with an infant is not the easiest thing to do. Husband's house hunting leave was approved and we had a very short window of time before his next underway, so we decided to head down to Florida and search for a house. I thought we were prepared but boy was I wrong!

I had compiled a list of "favorite" houses in the Jacksonville area and the day after we arrived we began our search. Immediately I realized we were going to have to keep looking. Almost all the houses/neighborhoods we looked at were scary, and just not for us. Obviously having a baby we need to be in a safe place. So it was back to square one. We spent the next few days searching the internet, scouring neighborhoods looking for "for rent," signs and calling realtors. Just when I was getting really discouraged we finally had one lady call us back and show us the inside of some houses.

There were two that we really liked but one was a little over budget and much bigger than we really needed, so we went with the smaller of the two. I was so glad I stuck to my instinct and stayed on track with the budget. Husband wanted to get the more expensive house but I wasn't too sure. I really want us to be able to get some debt paid off this next year, and the last thing we need is to be "house poor." I am really happy with the house we rented anyways. :) I am absolutely ecstatic about having more space.

We have been cramped in this tiny 600 sq feet apartment for the last two and a half years and it has started to drive me a little crazy! Things were cramped when it was just me, then husband came home from deployment and it got even more tight...then we added a baby to the mix and now there is barely room for anything in this place! We will now have 1800 sq feet, (three times what we have now) and I don't think I'm even going to know what to do with all of it. I am so excited at the thought of Jeremiah having room to crawl and play without being so cramped, not to mention our own back yard to have bbq's and hang out together as a family. :) I am also thrilled that I will finally get to decorate his nursery!

I feel like after waiting, and waiting and waiting some more things are finally starting to look up for our family. We have been stuck in Virginia six months longer than we were supposed to, and I've been struggling with Husband being gone a lot this year when he should have already been on shore duty and home with Jeremiah and I. It makes me happy to know after a tough four years of sea duty that he will finally be home more. For the first time in a long time, I am really looking forward to our future. I hope there are many happy days to come in our new home. ♥

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment