Thursday, May 2, 2013

Trying something new

My husband has been asking me for awhile if I could try some new recipes and this week I decided to give it a go. I guess I had fallen into a rut when it comes to cooking, mostly because I am a new mama and my little man takes up most of my day. So naturally I would cook what I knew best and I have to admit even I was longing to jazz things up a bit. Finding time to eat or cook a meal at all has been a challenge for me since he was born, but now that hes technically not a newborn anymore I am finding it a tiny bit easier. Making the decision to try something new was the first step, then I actually had to locate some recipes that were affordable with our budget and "mama friendly," as I like to call it, (meaning they don't take too much time to cook).

A friend of mine had made a delicious meal for us one night while we were over for dinner and I was dying to try it myself. It was delicious! I actually went back for seconds it was so good! It's called crescent chicken and it was tasty. I found the recipe over at Comfy in the Kitchen  and I can tell you that we will be eating this often in our house! It was also husband approved so that's always a good thing. :) If you are looking for some tasty recipes head over to her blog and check it out. I actually found most of my recipes for this week on her site.

So here's what the crescent chicken looks like....Mmmmmmm! Writing this post is seriously making me hungry right now. ;)
[Note: This is not my image, credit is given to Comfy in the Kitchen]
All you need is:

-A package of crescent rolls (I use the big Pillsbury crescent rolls with 8 per can)
-2 chicken breasts (boiled for 25 mins)
-Grated cheddar cheese 
-1 can Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup (I used chicken & mushroom & it was delish!)
-Pyrex dish (I use an 11x7 but she recommends a 13x9)

First boil the chicken for about 25 minutes. Once fully cooked cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Unroll crescents and stuff with chicken and grated cheddar cheese. Wrap the crescents up and be sure to pinch the sides of the dough so they are sealed. Place into pyrex. In a bowl mix 1 can cream of chicken with a can of milk. Once mixed thoroughly pour over crescent chicken and then top with salt and pepper. Pop it into the oven at 350 degrees uncovered and cook for about 35-40 minutes. I usually cook mine for 40 just so the crescents arent too doughy, but you will be able to tell by how they look on top. They should be golden brown on top. Now let cool a minute or two and enjoy! :)

Mine didn't come out as pretty as the picture above but it was still delicious so in my book that's all that matters. I also made some roasted Brussel sprouts to go along with the chicken and they were so yummy! It was my first time making Brussel sprouts and I was pleasantly surprised. I got the recipe for them over at Comfy in the Kitchen as well.
[This was how my crescent chicken & Brussel sprouts turned out. Success!]
I am excited to post about the rest of the new meals I've made this week and have a few more posts lined up already! What recipes are you trying this week? :) 

xoxo


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment