Last week my husband and I were at our local Kroger picking up a few items when we came across this Panda Express Orange Sauce.
We decided to give it a try and make our own orange chicken. I was a little nervous since we didn't have a recipe to follow but we gave it a shot and we were both very pleased with the result.
It came out delicious! I posted the picture on my instagram and had a few requests for the recipe so I decided to post it here.
This is what you'll need:
-One package chicken breast (about 3 pieces of chicken)
-Panda Express Orange Sauce
For the chicken breading we use a brand called House Autry but you can use whatever brand they sell at your local grocer. Now lets get started!
1) First you'll want to cut the chicken into bite sized pieces, kind of like little nuggets.
2) Next take the chicken and toss it into a large bowl. Pour in a couple table spoons of mayo and evenly coat.
3) Then coat the pieces with the chicken breading. Once they are coated brush the pieces with olive oil. Coat in the chicken breading one more time.
4) If you have a deep fryer this is the easiest way to cook the chicken, but if not you can always do it the old fashioned way. I set my fryer to 360 degrees and dropped it in the fryer for about seven minutes. We had enough chicken that we had to do three batches.
5) Preheat your oven to 360 degrees. Now you'll need a pyrex dish. We used a 13x9 but an 11x7 would work just fine too. Coat the bottom of the dish with olive oil and place the cooked chicken pieces in the dish.
6) Now you are ready to coat the chicken pieces with the orange sauce. Once you have poured it over the chicken use a spoon to make sure the sauce evenly coats the chicken.
7) Now pop it into the oven for 7 minutes and voila! Delicious and easy orange chicken. ♥
Hopefully you like it as much as we did.