Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A bit lonely at times

Maybe it's because I have been cooped up inside my house for the last week, or maybe it's because I live 2,700 miles away from home but I have been feeling so lonely lately. I feel like I have no friends, which I know isn't true, but it just seems like everyone is just too busy for me. I stop to think about the friends I had throughout middle/high school and how close we were. We did everything together...sports, football games, parties, shopping and just had fun. I know that after high school things change and we all have to actually grow up but I guess it just makes me sad when I look back at those friendships that have disintegrated over the years.

After high school I made other friends and became really close with them, only to drift apart once we moved to Virginia and they all still live in California. Being a navy wife really can be lonely. Sometimes you feel like no one understands what you're going through. I come from a family of all girls and my sisters, my mom and my nieces are all extremely close. My husband doesn't really understand this bond because 1) He is a man and 2) His family is not very sentimental. They are close in their own way but not the way my family is. Everyone kind of just does their own thing. It's hard sometimes that he doesn't understand how much I miss them and I feel like there's a piece of me that is missing when I'm away from them.

My mother always used to say, "Be nice to your sisters, cause one day they'll be your best friends," and she was right. As I have seen so many of my friendships fade away my family has always been there no matter what. Are they perfect? HELL NO! But do I love them dearly? Of course! Looking back at so many memories of my childhood and my adult life, I just wouldn't be the same without them. I want to raise my future children to love one another and embrace family the way I was taught. I want us all to share a closeness and most of all to be close enough to my family that they can know and love my future children as well. I hope the navy makes this possible next year for us when we are supposed to pcs. Keep us in your prayers and I will try not to be so melancholy when I write. :) 

3 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better. Even with some family near, I know how life can get really lonely sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there,
    I just happened upon your blog by accident today, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm a fellow blogger and a fellow Navy wife, and I understand how lonely it can get at times. It's good to know there are others just like us out there, so I had to say hello and introduce myself.
    :-)
    Nice to meet you,
    Aundraya
    adayinthelifeofaborednavywife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm not exactly sure where I've been in the blogging world, but you're only 3 hours away and I know we want to get down to VA BEACH again! If i'm ever down in that area or you guys want to venture up to dc please please let me know!! and i'll let you know :)

    ReplyDelete